Independent Living - Abbeyfield St. Andrews
Description: Abbeyfield St. Andrews - 10017 Fifth Street, Sidney BC V8L 2X8 | (250) 652-5410
St Andrew's Abbeyfield House provides companionship in a family environment for 9 older residents. Each suite is a bed-sitting room with its own 2-piece en suite. All other areas - dining room, lounge, sun room, utility room and two large bathrooms - are shared.
- Two nutritious meals a day are prepared by a live-in House Coordinator. Breakfast is self-service.
- Laundry facilities are on-site. Room cleaning is available for a modest fee.
- A small garden space is available outside each resident's patio door giving the option of planting
flowers, vegetables, and small garden ornaments.
- There is scheduled entertainment and other activities agreed upon by the residents.
- A communal television and computer are in the sunroom.
- An alarm system links residents to the House Coordinator to ensure any sudden illness or emergency
is attended to immediately.
Website URL: http://standrewsabbeyfield.weebly.com/
Duration: Full Day
Additional Information: Who Can Apply?
Persons 55 years and older, who can look after themselves and administer their own medications, can apply.
Abbeyfield is not a nursing home but, in the event of illness, home care may be brought into the house.
What Will it Cost?
All the costs of operating the Abbeyfield House (room, meals, utilities and the services of the the House Coordinator and/or her staff) are shared by all the residents.
Residents provide their own furnishings, telephone, cable or internet services. Rent subsidies are available for those who qualify.
Facility InformationFacility Name: Greater Victoria Area
Address: Housing Oppourtunities - Independent, Assisted, Complex Care & Subsidized Housing
Area: Victoria City